We allow you to make adverts on our platform and utilize our traffic to get your message or product known out there. This, we offer as a service at affordable pricing so we can get the resources needed to run this blog. Below are is the policy we adhere to in regards with advertising on this site.
1) We will not sell your personal details to any third party – advertisers on our site may have access to your behavior via cookies, but not your data.
2) We place ads based on where they perform best – if a page happens to sell lots of computer games, we will advertise more computer games on that page. That’s reasonable right?
3) We will not use behavioral targetting unreasonably – if you go to a site about watches we will assume you are interested in watches. It’s not a sinister action, it just makes sense. You don’t have to buy the watches any more than you have to buy anything else! We won’t behaviorally target anything that might embarrass you, and you always have the option to opt out.
4) We request that you don’t use ad blockers – contrary to popular belief we do sometimes get paid for you just seeing advertising without you clicking or buying anything. If you like our site, please don’t block our ads – it’s an easy way for you to pay us for using it without it costing you anything.
5) If you have a complaint about an ad on the site, please let us know so we can do something about it.
6) We do not allow auto-initiated sound – that means ads are not allowed to have the sound switched on when the page loads. If you see an ad which does this, please let us know and we will hunt it down and switch it off as soon as possible*
7) We do not allow ads which make you download anything (especially viruses!), or which break the site in anyway. If you see an ad which does this, please let us know and we will hunt it down and switch it off as soon as possible*
8) All ads displayed here may not consist of the following unlawful content:
- Child pornography.
- Is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech.
- Is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes.
- Is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy.
- Creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement.
- Improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person.
- Is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections.
- Clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right.
- Promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking.
- Is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Linuxnimbus.com
- Hacker focused sites
- Proxy Scripts
- Anything related to torrents
- Starting background processes on our servers
- Warez, hacking tools, exploits
We will terminate any advert that breaks any of the above rules and no refund will be issued.
We’re not trying to trick you into buying things you don’t want or need, we’re just making you aware of the dynamic you are already involved in, so that you can consciously take part. Advertising has been rightly and wrongly demonised over the years, but it’s part of keeping the internet free, so working together we hope we can make it a more reasonable payment system for everyone.
Any ads found to be break the above rules will be pulled down immediately and no refund will be issued.
To report any offending ads, please get in touch with us here.
Advertising on our site is billed according to the type of company advertising, the period you would like the ad to run and the position on our site you would like your ad to run.